COVID Policy at Ruby Mane Hair Boutique in Farnham
The increase in the number of cases of the new Covid variant Omicron is of concern to us all. We would like to therefore remind all our clients that it is now mandatory to wear masks and adhere to social distancing and hygiene guidelines when you are in our salon.
Please take a few moments to read our COVID Policy so you have a better idea of what to expect when you next visit Ruby Mane Hair Boutique in Farnham. Your co-operation would be greatly appreciated in this matter.
- The Ruby Mane Team will continue wearing masks and visors for the foreseeable future to protect our clients and their colleagues.
- We will continue our new way of working with fewer staff and clients in the salon at any one time, plus Sunday opening.
- All staff members will be tested twice weekly using the home testing NHS lateral flow testing kits.
- We will reintroduce fabric gowns and each client will be given a laundered fabric gown for each appointment. We have greatly increased the number of gowns to facilitate this single use system.
- China cups & saucers, glasses and paper magazines will also be reintroduced. Our chinaware is washed in our salon dishwasher.
- You will still be able to make your next bookings and pay while you are seated.
- Sanitiser stations will still be in situ for your use on entry and exit.
- Our doors will be staying open as much as possible to allow for good ventilation.
- Screens between our wash basins are now a permanent feature.
- Some of the styling stations will remain in place where we feel they are necessary.
- We will no longer be temperature testing.
- We will continue the Enviro28 sanitisation programme. The treatment leaves an antimicrobial agent on all surfaces and common touch points to mechanically kill microorganisms and inhibit their growth.
- We hope that your queries and questions will have been covered here, but please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need further information.
- It is our intention to continue to work in the safest and most professional way possible to maintain client and staff safety at all times.
We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment. In the meantime, thank you for your continued understanding. We wish you all the very best of health and wellbeing.